Lawn Care Technician
The Lawn Care Technician must have a positive, can-do attitude, be an eager learner, be conscious of safety requirements, work effectively as a team member, dress appropriately, be punctual, and follow all instructions given by the supervisor. This position is full time, seasonal. Tasks include, but are not limited to: customer service, safe handling of materials, proper mixing and transporting of materials, First Aid procedures in case of an accident or spillage, proper application of materials, properly diagnosing insect and disease issues, operating all equipment, and ordering materials. Working conditions vary by the job site. Experience is preferred but not required.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
• Thoroughly understands all aspects of lawn care as outlined above and in company standard operating procedures
• Able to operate equipment: trucks, back pack sprayers, hose reels, motorized spreaders, etc.
• Able to perform all daily preventative maintenance on company equipment
• Follow all instructions given by the Supervisor
• Prepare vehicles and equipment for the day’s work
• Be punctual, committed, and motivated to succeed
• Demonstrate customer service and professionalism
• Perform general equipment maintenance
• Be self sufficient and work effectively with little supervision
• Complete assigned tasks efficiently, thoroughly, and per company production rates
• Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
• Duties, responsibilities and activities subject to change at any time with or without notice to accommodate seasonal and peak business demands
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• Posses a valid driver’s license and must be insurable on company’s insurance policy
• Be currently licensed or able to obtain commercial pesticide applicators license in these three categories; Turf and Ornamental, Structural Insect Management (SIM), Aquatic and Mosquito
• Safely operate equipment
• Pass a pre-employment and ongoing random drug tests
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs. on a regular and consistent basis, move about the work site
• Exposed to exterior elements (i.e. pollen, chemicals, cold and heat, etc.)
• Requires extended periods of activity; walking, standing, kneeling, bending and lifting
• Typical work week requires 40-50 hours
• Work week consists of four, 10 hour shifts, Monday -Thursday dependent on weather conditions. Friday and occasional Saturday shifts as needed to complete responsibilities.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Wages start at $13.50
• Overtime pay at time and a half
• Opportunity for wage increase after 60 days
• Recognition programs
• Opportunities for advancement
• Benefits including dental, health, life and accident insurance, and paid holidays available after 60 days
• Company issued uniforms
• Be professional in your appearance and actions.
• Be respectful of our customers and their property, co-workers, supervisor, and all company property.
• Be prompt and reliable, your team is depending on you!
• Take pride in the work that you do! It beautifies the communities we live in and makes our customers happy!