Garden Center Team Members
Garden Center Team Member
Company: River City Lawnscape, Inc.
Location: W8123 Old CTH NA, Holmen, WI
Reports To: Garden Center Manager
Start date: May 2018
End date: Nov 2018
River City Lawnscape Inc., established in 1983, is an award winning landscape design/build and full service landscape management company. The spectrum of services includes landscaping, irrigation, mowing, trimming, power edging and raking, seasonal cleanup, lawn fertilization, weed and insect control, tree and shrub care, grounds maintenance, outdoor and holiday lighting and snow removal. River City Lawnscape Inc. is dedicated to providing quality, year-round service for those who desire the best for their property and is committed to building trust with our customers and in the community. River City Lawnscape Inc. exceeds customer expectations and has been awarded "Best Lawncare, Gardening and Landscaping Company" in La Crosse County, for the third consecutive year.
Garden Center Team Members are responsible for caring for plants, assisting customers, and Garden Center upkeep. A Garden Center focuses on the sale of plants and horticultural products to the public which requires customer service and a general knowledge of and an appreciation for plants. We are looking for people who enjoy working with people, plants, and in the great outdoors, as the seasonal Garden Center is an outdoor venue. Strong interpersonal skills are very important. Plant knowledge can be taught and learned. This is a very physical, hands-on position, and requires weekday and weekend hours.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
- Greet customers and provide assistance
- Assist Garden Center Manager with Garden Center duties as needed
- Pull plants that are sold for jobs and move inventory
- Water and maintain plants
- Load and unload plant trucks and customer purchases
- Garden Center grounds upkeep and maintenance
- Customer centered focus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma degree preferred
- Pass a pre-employment and ongoing random drug tests
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must maintain regular and reliable attendance at a level acceptable to the company, including the ability to be flexible and work holidays and weekends as necessary
- Exposed to exterior elements (i.e. pollen, chemicals, cold and heat, etc.)
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Requires extended periods of activity; walking, standing, kneeling, bending and lifting
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Wage based on experience
- Opportunity for wage increase after 60 days
- Recognition programs
- Opportunities for advancement
- Company issued uniforms
- Be professional in yourappearance and actions.
- Be respectful of our customers and their property, co-workers, supervisor, and all company property.
- Be prompt and reliable, your team is depending on you!
- Take pride in the work that you do! It beautifies the communities we live in and makes our customers happy!