Company: River City Lawnscape, Inc.
Location: W8123 Old CTH NA, Holmen, WI
Reports To: President
Start date: April 2018
River City Lawnscape Inc., established in 1983, is an award winning landscape design/build and full service landscape management company. The spectrum of services includes landscaping, irrigation, mowing, trimming, power edging and raking, seasonal cleanup, lawn fertilization, weed and insect control, tree and shrub care, grounds maintenance, outdoor and holiday lighting and snow removal. River City Lawnscape Inc. is dedicated to providing quality, year-round service for those who desire the best for their property and is committed to building trust with our customers and in the community. River City Lawnscape Inc. exceeds customer expectations and has been awarded "Best Lawncare, Gardening and Landscaping Company" in La Crosse County, for the fourth consecutive year.
The Landscape Designer is responsible for bringing a consistent flow of profitable design/build business to the company. Position designs and develops landscape designs and lighting systems based upon customer desires. Monitors installation and customer’s perception and attitudes towards the services provided. Identifies and communicates to production any specific customer preferences or requests for service and immediately works to provide solutions to any customer complaints. This position is full time.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
- Design and sell residential/commercial landscape projects and lighting systems and sell to builders, developers, homeowners, and small business owners that meet or exceed sales goals
- Conduct interviews with customers to gather customer requirements and project preferences
- Conduct site inspections and assessments to determine soil type, slope, drainage, exposure, and existing structures, features, roads, and utilities that will affect project
- Prepares and presents proposals in complete and professional manner, according to company standards
- Ensures all estimates are prepared and approved as needed prior to presenting to customer
- Sell work within approved margin guidelines to achieve targeted job costs and profit margins
- Responds to all inquiries and requests for bid in a timely manner
- Maintains records and tracking of all proposals in progress and timely follow-ups to maximize sales opportunities. Aggressively pursues all proposals in progress
- Maintains a company-owned database of current customers, prospective customers and past customers to support the marketing and sales effort
- Monitor installation and work closely with production staff regarding scheduling, quality and customer service
- Maintain keen awareness and provide candid feedback on customer relationship and the customer’s perceptions of the product and service being provided, to maximize customer retention
- Communicate to appropriate parties any problem areas and work to find immediate resolution
- Anticipate customer needs with positive solutions in a timely manner, assists in the sales of change orders and extra contracted work
- Produce billing documentation, conducting customer walk-through, and collecting payments if necessary
- Prospect for new business, developing relationships with builders, developers, property managers and other. Plans and maintains adequate cold and warm calls/leads to cover market
- Represents company at various events, organizations and associations for the purpose of building relationships that lead to new business. Acts in capacity of company representative and develops community ties to enhance public image and brand of the company. Maintains positive relations with other companies in the industry and related industries
- Participates in various industry associations to increase knowledge of marketplace, sales opportunities, the competition, selling techniques and best practices. Stay abreast of design trends and continue to increase technical knowledge within industry
- Provide feedback to appropriate parties regarding, pricing, competition and other market observations. Exploits changing market opportunities and responds to competitor strategies
- Provides feedback to the Marketing Department and offers recommendations regarding marketing strategies, materials and opportunities
- Is aware of billing and collection status on all projects/customer. Advises on credits or collections and works with production, customer to get any collection issues resolved for work sold
- Proficient in or able to learn LMN; CRM, scheduling and estimating software
- Duties, responsibilities and activities subject to change at any time with or without notice to accommodate seasonal and peak business demands
- Meet or exceed sales objectives and targeted goals
- To respond in a timely manner to all inquiries and proposal requests
- To prepare and present approved proposals in a complete and professional manner
- Effective communication with production departments and project managers contract specifications, customer preferences to ensure customer satisfaction with services delivered
- To bring a consistent flow of profitable new business to the Company, in accordance with sales and marketing plans
- To maintain complete customer and market awareness. Know where opportunity exists for improved customer service to current and prospective customer and opportunities for additional market penetration
- To assist with overall sales and marketing initiatives for Company
- To maintain preferred vendor status with desired customers
- To develop repeat and/or referral business from customers
- To manage personal effectiveness (competency, trust, communication, etc) to maximize sales opportunities and development of customer relationships.
- Energetic self-starter and demonstrates initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, self and others
- Excellent time management skills
- Command of the technical requirements to maintain database information
- Ability to present an effective sales presentation – written and verbal
- Keen eye for detail requirements of estimating and preparing proper bid
- Ability to lead and inspire others
- Results and action oriented
- Sales and growth oriented
- Customer centered focus
- Focus on learning and self development
- Continue to learn and expand design talent and offerings
- Technically competent and skilled
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree in Landscape Design or Landscape Architecture and/or 3-5 years design experience
- Knowledge of computer applications and customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Posses a valid driver’s license and must be insurable on company’s insurance policy
- Pass a pre-employment and ongoing random drug tests
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must maintain regular and reliable attendance at a level acceptable to the company, including the ability to work overtime, holidays, evenings or weekends as necessary.
- Exposed to exterior elements (i.e. pollen, chemicals, cold and heat, etc.)
- Requires extended periods of activity; walking, standing, kneeling, bending and lifting
- Position requires extended work hours and flexibility in scheduling, included evenings and weekend hours as needed
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary based on experience
- Opportunity for wage increase after 60 days
- Recognition programs
- Opportunities for advancement
- Benefits including dental, health, life and accident insurance, and paid holidays available after 60 days
- Company issued uniforms
- Be professional in yourappearance and actions.
- Be respectful of our customers and their property, co-workers, supervisor, and all company property.
- Be prompt and reliable, your team is depending on you!
- Take pride in the work that you do! It beautifies the communities we live in and makes our customers happy!