Lawn Care Production Manager
Classification: Seasonal, Full-time
Company: River City Lawnscape, Inc.
Location: W8123 Old CTH NA, Holmen, WI
Reports To: President
Start date: Immediately
River City Lawnscape Inc., established in 1983, is an award winning landscape design/build and full service landscape management company. The spectrum of services includes landscaping, irrigation, mowing, trimming, power edging and raking, seasonal cleanup, lawn fertilization, weed and insect control, tree and shrub care, grounds maintenance, outdoor and holiday lighting and snow removal. River City Lawnscape Inc. is dedicated to providing quality, year-round service for those who desire the best for their property and is committed to building trust with our customers and in the community. River City Lawnscape Inc. exceeds customer expectations and has been awarded "Best Lawncare, Gardening and Landscaping Company" in La Crosse County, for the fourth consecutive year.
The Lawn Care Production Manager is responsible for managing all field operations within the Lawn Care division. The individual must be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of the chemicals, products and equipment that are used by company personnel. He or she must be able to conduct estimates and correctly analyze, diagnose, and treat problems arising from disease, insect presence, improper care, etc. The Lawn Care Production Manager promotes the growth and development of field staff and assists them in carrying out their responsibilities as needed and coordinates use of resources within other divisions and lends support to operational activities for the entire company. The Lawn Care Production Manager must also attend to and complete all paperwork and administrative requirements related to the job while creating and maintaining a professional job atmosphere. This position is full time.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
- Able to correctly analyze, diagnose, and treat issues relating to fertilization, weed, pest, insect, or mosquito control issues
- Manages and schedules labor, equipment and material to accomplish production schedule within established budgets. Maintain strict adherence to schedules and budgets.
- Able to effectively train field personnel as to correct methods and techniques
- Able to develop an effective preventative maintenance program for customers
- Knowledgeable regarding local, state, and federal regulations and agency points of contact
- Obtain appropriate local, state, and federal licenses and certification in this field
- Proficient in or able to learn LMN; scheduling and estimating software
- Able to communicate effectively and build customer relationships by representing the company in a professional manner
- Continually informs and updates President and department heads regarding service status
- Oversees the work of Lawn Care Technicians
- Performs estimates and develops a written treatment plan for each customer according to their needs
- Ensures that all servicing is kept on schedule and on budget
- Ensures that all services for customers are invoiced accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensures that all safety procedures are followed and reports any unsafe conditions
- Ensures all accidents and workers’ compensation insurance claims are properly documented and reported
- Trains company personnel to look for deficiencies and report them
- Ensures all work orders are processed correctly and in a timely manner
- Interfaces with suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of materials.
- Interfaces with local, state, and federal agencies as necessary
- Ensures that company production standards are met
- Ensures that all equipment is operated safely and maintained properly
- Evaluates equipment utilization and recommends future purchases to President
- Ensures that vendor delivery tickets and all paperwork are processed and turned in daily
- Thoroughly understand and complies with company policies, procedures, and standard operating procedures
- Assists in the development and implementation and achievement of company’s strategic plan, budget goals and training
- Develops training plan and trains Lawn Care Technicians
- Evaluates performance of Lawn Care Technicians
- Must demonstrate flexibility and adapt to change as needed
- Duties, responsibilities and activities subject to change at any time with or without notice to accommodate seasonal and peak business demands
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to inspire top tier performance and build effective teams
- Self-starter and demonstrates initiative
- Is organized in all areas (personal office space, field operations, company yard space, job sites, etc.)
- Ability to delegate and follow up
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Profit driven – seeks ways to cut costs and improve efficiency
- Effective problem solving skills, ability to handle adversity
- Performs and demands excellent quality in work
- Service and teamwork oriented
- Customer centered and focused
- Focus on learning and self development
- Presents himself or herself in a professional manner
- Profit driven – seeks ways to cut costs and improve efficiency
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS
- Have a Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Turf Management or Horticulture
- Experience in fertilization, weed, pest, insect, and mosquito control preferred but not required in all categories
- Be currently licensed or able to obtain commercial pesticide applicators license in these three categories; Turf and Ornamental, Structural Insect Management (SIM), Aquatic and Mosquito
- Has a minimum of three years supervisory experience
- Posses a valid driver’s license and must be insurable on company’s insurance policy
- Pass a pre-employment and ongoing random drug tests
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must maintain regular and reliable attendance at a level acceptable to the company, including the ability to work overtime, holidays, evenings or weekends as necessary.
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs. on a regular and consistent basis, move about the work site
- Exposed to exterior elements (i.e. pollen, chemicals, cold and heat, etc.)
- Requires extended periods of activity; walking, standing, kneeling, bending and lifting
- Typical work week requires 40-50 hours
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary based on experience and ability
- Opportunity for wage increase after 60 days
- Recognition programs
- Opportunities for advancement
- Benefits including dental, health, life and accident insurance, and paid holidays available after 60 days
- Company issued uniforms
- Be professional in your appearance and actions.
- Be respectful of our customers and their property, co-workers, supervisor, and all company property.
- Be prompt and reliable, your team is depending on you!
- Take pride in the work that you do! It beautifies the communities we live in and makes our customers happy!