Classification: Seasonal, Full-time
Company: River City Lawnscape, Inc.
Location: W8123 Old CTH NA, Holmen, WI
Reports To: Mow Department Foreman
River City Lawnscape Inc., established in 1983, is an award winning landscape design/build and full service landscape management company. The spectrum of services includes landscaping, irrigation, mowing, trimming, power edging and raking, seasonal cleanup, lawn fertilization, weed and insect control, tree and shrub care, grounds maintenance, outdoor and holiday lighting and snow removal. River City Lawnscape Inc. is dedicated to providing quality, year-round service for those who desire the best for their property and is committed to building trust with our customers and in the community. River City Lawnscape Inc. exceeds customer expectations and has been awarded "Best Lawncare, Gardening and Landscaping Company" in La Crosse County, for the fourth consecutive year.
The Mow Crew Technician must have a positive, can-do attitude, be an eager learner, be conscious of safety requirements, work effectively as a team member, dress appropriately, be punctual, and follow all instructions given by the supervisor. This position is full time, seasonal. Tasks include, but are not limited to: customer service, mowing, trimming and blowing debris. Equipment consists of commercial mowers, trimmers and blowers. Working conditions vary by the job site. Teams of 1-2 people work together to maintain some of the most beautiful properties in the area. Experience is preferred but not required.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
- Assist the Mow Department Foreman in day to day operations
- Follow all instructions given by the foreman
- Prepare vehicles and equipment for the day’s work
- Operate equipment properly and safely: riding mowers, walk behind mowers, string line trimmers, blowers, edger’s, and aerators
- Be punctual, committed, and motivated to succeed
- Demonstrate customer service and professionalism
- Perform general equipment maintenance
- Work effectively with little supervision
- Complete assigned tasks efficiently, thoroughly, and per company production rates
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Duties, responsibilities and activities subject to change at any time with or without notice to accommodate seasonal and peak business demands
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Posses a valid driver’s license and must be insurable on company’s insurance policy
- Be currently licensed or able to obtain commercial pesticide applicators license in Turf and Ornamental
- Safely operate mow equipment
- Pass a pre-employment and ongoing random drug tests
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs. on a regular and consistent basis, move about the work site
- Exposed to exterior elements (i.e. pollen, chemicals, cold and heat, etc.)
- Time in the field is 100%
- Requires extended periods of activity; walking, standing, kneeling, bending and lifting
- Typical work week requires 40-50 hours
- Work week consists of four, 10 hour shifts, Monday -Thursday dependent on weather conditions. Friday shifts as needed to complete weekly mow routes.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Wage starting at $13.56/hour
- Overtime pay at time and a half
- Opportunity for wage increase after 60 days
- Recognition programs
- Opportunities for advancement
- Benefits including dental, health, life and accident insurance, and paid holidays available after 60 days
- Company issued uniforms
- Be professional in your appearance and actions.
- Be respectful of our customers and their property, co-workers, supervisor, and all company property.
- Be prompt and reliable, your team is depending on you!
- Take pride in the work that you do! It beautifies the communities we live in and makes our customers happy!