Classification: Seasonal, Full-time
Company: River City Lawnscape, Inc.
Location: W8123 Old CTH NA, Holmen, WI
Reports To: Landscape Project Managers and Designers
Start date: March 2018
River City Lawnscape Inc., established in 1983, is an award winning landscape design/build and full service landscape management company. The spectrum of services includes landscaping, irrigation, mowing, trimming, power edging and raking, seasonal cleanup, lawn fertilization, weed and insect control, tree and shrub care, grounds maintenance, outdoor and holiday lighting and snow removal. River City Lawnscape Inc. is dedicated to providing quality, year-round service for those who desire the best for their property and is committed to building trust with our customers and in the community. River City Lawnscape Inc. exceeds customer expectations and has been awarded "Best Lawncare, Gardening and Landscaping Company" in La Crosse County, for the third consecutive year.
The Landscape Foreman oversees and coordinates project installation directing a crew of two to four employees in a safe manner. Individual must be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of landscape construction to include patios, walls, plantings, water features, low voltage lighting, operating equipment, demolition, site and soil prep, grading, planting all materials, interfacing with customers, subcontractors, etc., and require minimal supervision. The Landscape Foreman must also attend to and complete all recordkeeping and administrative requirements related to the job while creating and maintaining a professional work atmosphere.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS
• Has a minimum of 1 year of experience in landscape construction
• Has the leadership capability and demeanor to effectively manage and train a crew of two to four people
• Excellent customer service skills to interface with customers
• Look for extras and convert them into change orders when appropriate
• Plan, schedule, assign and supervise the duties associated with landscape construction including site and crew management
• Ability to read and execute complex plans labeled with scaled measurements and elevations
• Possess a basic understanding of math and elevations
• Operate a skid loader, saws, edging machines, compactors, and other pertinent machinery, experience is mandatory.
• Able to perform all daily preventative maintenance on company equipment
• Ability to foresee and resolve potential problems
• Installation knowledge of hardscapes
• Knowledgeable on the identification and installation of plants
• Ability to keep jobs on schedule and on budget while meeting production rates and maintaining quality standards
• Ensures change orders are processed quickly and correctly
• Ensures safety procedures are followed, accidents and workers’ compensation claims are properly documented and reported
• Able to fill out and process all recordkeeping requirements and make Project Managers aware of change orders
• Proficient in or able to learn industry software utilized by company
• Thoroughly understands, complies and enforces company policies and procedures
• Provide a safe and clean work environment
• Duties, responsibilities and activities subject to change at any time with or without notice to accommodate seasonal and peak business demands
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS
• Degree in horticulture, landscaping, or applicable experience is preferred but not required
• Has a minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
• Posses a valid driver’s license and must be insurable on company’s insurance policy
• Attain and retain a CDL class A combination license
• Safely operate equipment
• Pass a pre-employment and ongoing random drug tests
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Must maintain regular and reliable attendance at a level acceptable to the company, including the ability to work overtime, holidays, evenings or weekends as necessary.
• Must be able to lift/carry 75 lbs. on a regular and consistent basis, move about the work site
• Exposed to exterior elements (i.e. pollen, chemicals, cold and heat, etc.)
• Requires extended periods of activity; walking, standing, kneeling, bending and lifting
• Typical work week requires 40-55 hours, some Saturdays as needed
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Wage range $16.00 - $23.00/hour, based on experience
• Overtime pay at time and a half
• Opportunity for wage increase after 60 days
• Recognition programs
• Opportunities for advancement
• Benefits including dental, health, life and accident insurance, and paid holidays available after 60 days
• Company issued uniforms
• Be professional in your appearance and actions.
• Be respectful of our customers and their property, co-workers, supervisor, and all company property.
• Be prompt and reliable, your team is depending on you!
• Take pride in the work that you do! It beautifies the communities we live in and makes our customers happy!